Kinesio® Taping is the definitive rehabilitative taping method within the international medical community.
Kinesio® Tex Tape (or Kinesio Tape for short) has the ability to:
• Re-educate the neuromuscular system
• Reduce pain
• Enhance performance
• Prevent injury
• Promote good circulation and healing
With over 35 years of experience, Kinesio® is the only elastic therapeutic tape that you can trust with your health.
Cornerstones of The Kinesio® Taping Method :
- Taping over and around muscles in order to assist and give support or to prevent over-contraction.
- Applying stretch to the tape or to the target area in order to create space under the skin and create the desired effect on the musculature.
- Affecting change in deeper layers of fascia by manipulating the skin and muscle.
- Creating space underneath the skin to improve circulation and lymphatic drainage.
- Utilizing a number of corrective techniques to promote correct muscle and joint function
- Pain relief by targeting the pain and the source of the pain
This easy-to-learn technique is not only economical, but also reimbursable through many insurance carriers. Kinesio® Tex Tape is completely latex free, water resistant, and made from the highest quality materials meaning it can be used by patients of every age and condition for 3-5 days per application.
(Taken from kinesiotaping.com — awaiting permission. Link at title)