I trust that you and your family are doing well through this very strange time. I know we all have adjustments to make for now, and the future of how we will all do our “normal” daily lives is still yet to be revealed.
WHEN WILL WE OPEN???*
I have received lots of queries asking when and how we’ll be re-opening the office, here’s what I can say at this point, but please check back here for updated information on that as things shift. *This has already been updated of 06/14/2020.
Due to the risks for everyone, the timing of our re-opening is dependent on how well Oregon flattens the curve. It was looking good, but then there was a spike in early June. As we all know, that can change quickly, there are multiple strains of COVID-19, and people have become sloppy with safety protocol. We will continue to monitor the progress and update our plans here. In the meantime, if you have an acute need please reach out to your practitioner to see about the possibility of getting care more immediately.
HOW WILL THINGS WORK WHEN WE OPEN?
Clearly we have to be more vigilant than we ever thought necessary. So we have already been implementing all of the CDC protocols and will continue to monitor that and update as we are informed of new procedures and recommendations. We are also practicing physical distancing and taking additional cues from Gov. Kate Brown, the Oregon Board of Massage, the Dr. Ida Rolf Institute, the CDC, and Dr. Anthony Fauci.
What we need from you:
- WEAR A MASK to the office.
- BRING YOUR OWN WATER WITH YOU. We are reducing surfaces that can be touched, like magazines and pens, and this includes the water cooler.
- Text your practitioner when you arrive and stay in your car until we contact you with instructions since we don’t want anyone sitting in the waiting room or clients overlapping.
- Whenever possible we will use touch-less payment options (Square invoice, ApplePay, GooglePay, Venmo etc.) If possible, please set that up prior to your appointment, but don’t worry if you can’t. We’ll work something out.
- We have a checklist to go over with you prior to your session. If for ANY reason either of us decide that we need to cancel, even at the last minute, you will NOT be charged. Safety first!!! You can see this checklist HERE. Please fill it out NO MORE THAN 6 hours prior to your appointment. A link is also on the front page of the website.
- If you are in an “at risk” category (over age 60, immune-compromised, or heart and lung diseases), we should speak on the phone to discuss the risks/benefits of coming in for a session.
Office protocols so far include:
- Each practitioner will be speaking to each person/family to evaluate the situation in terms of needs and risks for all concerned prior to scheduling.
- All clients and practitioners will be required to wear masks at all times while in the office.
- The suite door will remain open so there will be no need for anyone to touch it.
- We have a sink in the office so you can wash your hands immediately upon arriving. The public bathrooms are also available, also with doors propped open to minimize contact.
- We will allot extra time between clients to avoid close contact, this means fewer sessions per day.
- We will be cleaning and disinfecting between clients for all surfaces that were touched or could be touched, like chairs, counters, doorknobs, etc.
- We will not be using heated mattress covers so we can allow for more thorough sterilizing of the tables.
- We have waterproof covers on pillows to allow for thorough sterilizing of the pillows.
- We may opt not use face cradles, so you might be side-lying instead of face down.
- Like always, we will continue to wash all linens after they have been touched (including blankets).
- We always wash our hands up past our elbows and will continue to do so.
- We will be changing shirts and masks between clients to reduce cross-contamination.
- We have various ways of keeping the lotion or oil safe for each client, so there is no concern for cross-contamination.
- We are constantly updating this list and are open to suggestions.
I’ve been so inspired by my loving and giving community that I have put together a list of others who are donating or charging very little for services they provide. You will see this information the home page under the “COVID-19 SELF-CARE RESOURCES” link. You will see ergonomics, yoga, counseling, organizing and more, plus I’m adding to it as I can. Feel free to share this information with anyone and send me suggestions if you know of other great people I should add to the list.
Thank you for your understanding and patience while we navigate this strange and uncharted territory. If you have any questions (or suggestions) for any of us, please reach out and ask. We are happy to discuss!
Be well……. stay safe out there!!