I trust that you and your family are doing well through this very strange time. I know we all have adjustments to make for now, and the future of how we will all do our “normal” daily lives is still yet to be revealed.
WE ARE OPEN!!!
We are open!!!
As the virus is surging in Oregon and beyond, we may to continue to adjust. You can check back here for more updates. As we all know, everything can change quickly, there are multiple strains of COVID-19, and people have become sloppy with safety protocol. We will continue to monitor the progress and update our plans here.
LOGISTICS FOR SESSIONS SINCE COVID-19
Clearly we have to be more vigilant than we ever thought necessary. Additionally, since we see many immunocompromised people in our office we need to ensure the highest safety standards that we can. Therefore, we have been implementing all of the CDC protocols and will continue to monitor that and update as we are informed of new risks, procedures, and recommendations. We are also practicing physical distancing and taking additional cues from Gov. Kate Brown, the Oregon Board of Massage, the Dr. Ida Rolf Institute, the CDC, and Dr. Anthony Fauci.
What we need from you:
- WEAR A MASK to the office. (This cannot be one with a valve.)
- BRING YOUR OWN WATER WITH YOU. We are reducing surfaces that can be touched, like magazines and pens, and this includes the water cooler.
- Text your practitioner when you arrive and stay in your car until we contact you with instructions since we don’t want anyone sitting in the waiting room or clients overlapping. If you need to use the bathroom before we text you back, you may do that (of course), but do not come into our office. We don’t have enough space to keep people six feet apart when more than one person is there.
- Whenever possible we will use touch-less payment options (Square invoice, ApplePay, GooglePay, Venmo etc.) If possible, please set that up with your practitioner prior to your appointment, but don’t worry if you can’t. We’ll work something out.
- To minimize risks for everyone and to comply with our State Board and Contact Tracing information, we will have to ask you questions prior to your session. If for ANY reason either of us decide that we need to cancel based on the answers to the questions, even at the last minute, you will NOT be charged. Safety first!!!
- Jenny has a checklist that you need to fill out NO MORE THAN 6 hours prior to your appointment. You will receive an email and text with a link at that time so you can fill it out. If you want to see the list ahead of time, a link is also on the front page of the website.
- Michael has his own form with a signature page.
- James and Cole don’t currently have a form to send out, but this may change. They may just ask you questions and/or take your temperature upon arrival for your session.
- If you would like to ask us similar personal questions so that YOU feel safe with us, we are all willing to answer them, and we completely understand.
- If you are in an “at risk” category (over age 60, immune-compromised, or heart and lung diseases), it may be advisable to speak to your practitioner prior to scheduling to discuss the risks/benefits of coming in for a session.
Office protocols so far include:
- Each practitioner will be speaking to each person/family to evaluate the situation in terms of needs and risks for all concerned prior to initial scheduling.
- All clients and practitioners will be required to wear masks at all times while in the office. (Not the kind with valves.)
- Clients will need to wash hands in the sink in the office immediately upon arriving, unless you just came from the bathroom where you did that.
- We will open the suite door and internal doors for you.
- Practitioners are allotting extra time between clients to avoid close contact, this means fewer sessions per day, so fewer available appointments overall. It also may mean waiting for us to finish with a previous client, so we could occasionally run late.
- We will be cleaning and disinfecting between clients for all surfaces that were touched or could be touched, like chairs, counters, doorknobs, etc.
- We may not be using heated mattress covers so we can allow for more thorough sterilizing of the tables.
- We have waterproof covers on pillows to allow for thorough sterilizing of the pillows.
- We may opt not use face cradles, so you might be side-lying instead of face down.
- Like always, we will continue to wash all linens after they have been touched (including blankets).
- We always wash our hands up past our elbows and will continue to do so before and after every session.
- We have various ways of keeping the lotion or oil safe for each client, so there is no concern for cross-contamination.
- We are constantly updating this list and are open to suggestions.
Thank you for your understanding and patience while we navigate this strange and uncharted territory. If you have any questions (or suggestions) for any of us, please reach out and ask. We are happy to discuss!
Be well……. stay safe out there!!